Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Strengths in Action

Hi There! A couple of weeks ago, I took an assessment to help determine my top strengths.  After completing the Strengthsfinder 2.0 Online Assessment, my results showed my top three strengths being deliberative, adaptability and futuristic.  At first, I wasn’t sure if the order of these was the right fit, but after thinking about it, I realized they were the perfect fit in the perfect order.

A great example of my strengths in action is through my internship with UNH Athletics as a member of the ‘Cat Crew Marketing and Promotions team.  This year, I am co-director of Women’s Basketball, attending all of their games, as well as attending all Men’s Ice Hockey and Football games, and half of the Men’s Basketball, Women’s Ice Hockey and Gymnastics events.

I have been actively using the traits of my deliberative strength to put together plan of executions (POEs) and PA scripts for the Women’s Basketball games with my co-director.  In creating these, we have to make solid decisions in how to organize the promotions we will do, as well as how media timeouts, halftime and team timeouts will be managed.  My futuristic traits also come out in this process, as we have to look to the future to determine what to do, and how we can make things better by looking at the past and seeing how we can improve the future.  For example, if we know one promotion didn’t work well in the past, we are choosing different ones and even looking to potentially create new promotions all together to implement this season.

Although it is early and I have yet to use my adaptability traits within the ‘Cat Crew, it’s going to start in full-force very soon.  Our first even is this coming weekend where we have the first Football and Men’s Hockey games in the same day.  Even though POEs are made to be followed as closely as possible, there are many potential things that could come up mid-event and we will need to change or adapt a plan that was originally planned.  I am prepared for this and really excited to dive in and work really hard and help out as much as I can with my adaptability strength to make sure things go smoothly!

Those are my strengths in action, thank you.

~Hannah S~

No comments:

Post a Comment