Hi there, Everyone! My name is Hannah Shoer and I am currently a junior Business Administration major with options in Marketing and Management through the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire.
Currently I ride on the UNH Intercollegiate Dressage Association (IDA) Team, for the Upper Training division. Last year, I pointed out of the Lower Training division, and qualified individually for the IDA National Championships in Newberry, FL where I competed and placed 7th out of all the Lower Training riders who also qualified. I love being part of a team for a sport that is usually individual competition. It makes it more fun and provides you with a support system, as well as you being able to support others.
I’ve always been an avid sports fan and love interacting with lots of people. Last Spring, I landed an internship with the Athletics department at UNH for the 2011-2012 academic year. As an intern, I am a member of the ‘Cat Crew Marketing Team. As a part of the 'Cat Crew marketing and promotions internship, we assist in planning and executing the marketing and promotions, both in-game and other events, for the University's six ticketed varsity sports. I am very excited about this internship, as it’s on the exact track I would like to take with my career.
I am planning on applying for a few different sports marketing internships for next summer as well to prepare myself and build my resume for when I graduate from UNH, expected in May 2013. Upon graduating, my dream job would be to work for a professional sports team or for a college athletics department doing marketing and promotions (both in-game and other events) for the teams. However, all I really want is to be a part of the Sports industry, focusing on Sports Marketing. So, any job that arises near my date of graduation, I will hopefully be able to capitalize on it and begin my journey as a professional in the world of Sports Marketing!
And my journey continues now, I’m headed to promote the UNH ‘Cat Pack Student Fan Section at University Day!
~Hannah S~
No comments:
Post a Comment